Brightspark Travel USA
We’re looking for talented individuals to employ as Tour Directors. You must be enthusiastic about working with middle and high school students, and enjoy sharing a bigger world with each student.
- Accompany tours of various sizes through February to June during tour season
- Must be comfortable with leading groups to all restaurants and sites on the tour itinerary and staying with the students overnight at their hotel
- Be expert in the travel destination and must provide leadership and guidance for the group
- Offer suggestions for local activities during free-time periods that are not already included in the tour itinerary
- Research about the destination prior to the tour’s departure in order to provide educational facts and lessons to the students throughout the trip
- Intimate knowledge of travel destinations and current city guiding license
- Travel experience in Chicago, Washington, D.C. and New York City is required
- At least one year of experience in working with tour groups
- ITMI or similar program graduate is a preferred but not required
- Local residence within a two-hour radius of above listed destinations
- Flexibility, on-foot thinking and confidence are required traits
About Brightspark Travel
Brightspark Travel, Inc. is a leading North American student travel organization servicing over 100,000 students each year with unforgettable student travel experiences. Brightspark Travel, with its head office in Chicago, IL, is a $60M business with aspirations to double this within the next 5 years through a targeted growth strategy including acquisitions. Our team consists of over 100 employees across 5 offices, and is the largest business within Travelopia’s North American Student Travel portfolio. Travelopia is one of the world’s leading leisure travel companies operating in over 180 countries with more than 30 million customers in 31 key source markets.